University of Applied Science Zwickau, Germany (WHZ)
WHZ is a regional University of Applied Sciences with their educational and scientific profile focused on the areas of Technology, Economy and Life Quality.
Faculty of Physics Engineering/Informatics (PTI) is very active in cooperation projects with Kyrgyzstan, mostly funded by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and private sponsors. At present, 3 projects with a total budget > 1.000.000 EUR are active and more than 10 Projects have been conducted:
- Export of Bachelor in Informatics WHZ -> KSUCTA;
- Ground up reconstruction of IT infrastructure at the Institute of New Information Technologies (3000 students);
- Establishment of a Technology Transfer Centre at KSUCTA;
- University Business Partnerships: Practice-oriented study in informatics education;
- Micro-E-Lectures for internet-based Tele Teaching (MINT): Development of internet based micro-units for MINT-subjects at DKU Almaty, Kazakhstan and KSUCTA Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan;
- Internet-based student project (Kyrgyz, Kazakh and German student teams develop software collaboratively and evaluate project results at summer school in Kirgizstan)
- Team-Up for Open Access;
- University Business Partnerships: Practice-oriented study in Kyrgyzstan and Georgia
- Scholarship projects;
- Advancing Higher Education in Biomedical Engineering and Health Management in Kyrgyzstan, Erasmus+
At present, ca. 30 Kyrgyz students are studying at WHZ at Bachelor and Master level, more than 30 informatics lecturers and 7 language teachers have been or are currently being trained at WHZ.